Thursday, March 12, 2009

Pride of Medeira


Yesterday's post with the blue of the rosemary reminded me of these paintings  of Pride of Merdeira. When I lived in Pennsylvania we did not have blue flowers. Here in California, there are often blue plant life that takes me by surprise. It was is like being in Oz, seeing something so unusual as a blue tree. I still remember screaming to stop the car, I had to get out and touch it. It was a full grown blue tree of wild lilac, Ceanothus. These paintings, of a the large blue spikes growing along route 1 somewhere between San Francisco and the Russian River. These paintings are from the same location, one facing north one south. These large paintings were painted over ten years ago while I lived in San Francisco.
both: 60" x 48" oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment