Wednesday, March 11, 2009

rosemary


This is the pair of paintings I have been working on this week. They are similar to the work I posted march 4th; Red Quince. Yes, my fingers are stained with the wet paint, blue not red, but that isn't the reverent parallels. Again, I am working with the idea of a denser image on the bottom with the top painting concerned more with the space around the subject. I moved away from positing the top's subject against a blue sky. This time the top image more of a landscape above a more abstracted image. Again this is the first time I have the paintings positioned as I would have them hang. To bad I need to scroll this page to view them. Maybe after this is posted I will see them together. 
24" x 24" over 18" x 24" oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment